- DevelopmentQuick Tip: Using the Datagrid With XML
- DevelopmentBuild a Handy AS3 Weather App with the Yahoo API
- DevelopmentUsing Google Maps' New Features for Flash
After such a positive response to my first tutorial Implement a Map Using the Google Map API for Flash I decided to write a second. Since that first tut the Google Map API has been updated, allowing developers to (amongst other things) add 3D viewing to maps. This is a great feature and during this tutorial I'll explain how to use it.
Also, lots of people requested an explanation for adding custom markers; that's the second thing we'll discuss here today.Read More…
- DevelopmentCreate a Dynamic Bar Graph Generator Using XML + AS3
A bar chart or bar graph is a chart with rectangular bars whose lengths are proportional to the values they represent. They're commonly used for comparing two or more values that were taken over time or under different conditions, usually on small data sets.
In this tutorial, we'll create a bar graph generator using XML and AS3.Read More…
- DevelopmentCreate a Super Modern Elastic Menu in AS3
Sometimes you just want to be very modern about your website. And how better to show people how cool you are as a flash programmer than to make them experience it themselves? In this tutorial I will show you how to create a modern menu with spring-like buttons. We'll even make it customizable from xml!Read More…
- DevelopmentBuild an OOP Tag Cloud in ActionScript 3.0
In this tutorial I'll show you how to build a flexible, animatable tagcloud using an Object Oriented Programming approach. I don't believe in a right or wrong method, but rather several degrees of efficiency. If you have any constructive criticism on my code feel free to comment.
That said, lets start!Read More…
- DevelopmentCreate a Dynamic Slideshow with Actionscript 3.0 and XML – Part 3
- DevelopmentBuild a Smooth Hot Products List with the Caurina Tweener Class
- DevelopmentCreate a Responsive Image Scroller in ActionScript 3.0
- DevelopmentPlotting Points Using Yahoo! Maps and RSS
- DevelopmentCreate a Shuffle Gallery in Flash Using XML and ActionScript 3.0
- DevelopmentCreate a Dynamic Slideshow with ActionScript 3.0 and XML: Part 2
During its first two months, Part 1 of Pierre's slideshow screencast pulled in over 30,000 unique pageviews, making it the most frequently visited post on Flashtuts+ to date. The comments and requests came flooding in, so back by popular demand, here's Part 2!
Read on to see what's in store during this, the second of three installments.Read More…