- DevelopmentNew Development Courses Available on Tuts+ Premium
Tuts+ Premium courses teach you a single skill from top to bottom, inside out.
Currently, more than 15,000 members are sharpening their skills in web design, web development, Photoshop, vector design, video effects and much more. Our dedicated team adds new content weekly, so there’s always something fresh to sink your teeth into. Today, we’re highlighting a few of the latest and greatest course additions to Tuts+ Premium.Read More…
- DevelopmentRecently in Web Development Nov 2013
We used to have an awesome series called "Recently in Web Development" which listed out cool happenings around the web development industry. It touched on interesting frameworks, tools, articles and tutorials, helping to organize information in a quick and easy-to-read format.
Based on feedback, we've decided to bring it back and hope that it helps you, our faithful readers, stay on top of the news and announcements of this fast-changing industry.
So without further ado...Read More…
- DevelopmentTuts+ is Hiring a Mobile Dev EditorWe're excited to announce that Tuts+ is currently looking for a mobile development expert to join our team. You'll need to be someone with proven experience as a mobile developer, familiarity with the landscape of different platforms (iOS, Android, Windows Phone etc), excellent communication skills, and a passion for teaching.Read More…
- DevelopmentTuts+ is Hiring a WordPress & CMS Editor
We're excited to announce that Tuts+ is currently looking for a WordPress and CMS expert to join our team. Interested? You'll need to be someone who knows WordPress inside out, has familiarity with the landscape of other content management systems (Tumblr, Ghost etc), good writing skills, and a passion for teaching.Read More…
- DevelopmentNew Development Courses Available on Tuts+ PremiumTuts+ Premium courses teach you a single skill from top to bottom, inside out. Currently, more than 15,000 members are sharpening their skills in web design, web development, Photoshop, vector design, video effects and much more. Our dedicated team adds new content weekly, so there’s always something fresh to sink your teeth into. Today, we're highlighting a few of the latest and greatest course additions to Tuts+ Premium.Read More…
- DevelopmentComplete the Tuts+ Survey and Win PrizesThe survey is now closed and we've announced the winners! Read the winners announcement to find out who they are, their responses to the prize question, and some interesting statistics from the survey. Tell us what you think, and get the chance to win fantastic prizes worth a total of $14,634! We love the community of readers we have at Tuts+ and your opinion is incredibly valuable to us. This week, we’re giving you the chance to have your say about Tuts+, and win a few outstanding prizes at the same time. Read on to find out how to get involved and stand a chance of winning one of our prize bundles.Read More…
- DevelopmentWordCamp Europe 2013 Next Weekend!
- DevelopmentWin Tickets to PressNomics!
- DevelopmentiOS 7 SDK Essentials
- DevelopmentMake More Money as a Web Dev + Awesome Desktop Wallpaper
- DevelopmentTuts+ Supports the MaRS Energy Hackathon!
- DevelopmentWrite for Wptuts+
Our focus here on Wptuts+ is on tutorials for WordPress developers (makes sense, right?). We cover anything related to WordPress, in particular theme and plugin development.
Our tutorials are aimed at anyone from beginner to intermediate, intermediate to advanced, and so on. Ultimately, our goal is to make sure that the reader leaves with more knowledge than when they arrived.
What We’re Looking For
At the moment we’re wanting to publish more content on areas such as responsive theme development, app themes, unit testing with WordPress, preprocessors (Sass / LESS, in particular), parallax implementation, and a variety of plugin examples.
Basic tutorials are welcome, but we’re really after thorough coverage of these areas. Think Tom McFarlin-style (check out Tom’s series’ on Wptuts+ to get what I mean there).
At the moment we only accept content in English. We’ll proofread, edit, and provide feedback on your content, but we won’t re-write it for you, so it’s important your English is fluent.
Having said that, if you have a question about how to phrase something in English, go ahead and write it as best you can and one of the editors will be happy to provide feedback prior to publishing the article. Don’t let intimidation of the English language prevent you from contributing an article!
I’m going to go ahead and assume you know a little about WordPress for this, so you’ll be comfortable drafting your posts in WordPress ;)
Let’s Talk Money
We don’t expect you to write for us for free! You’ll start out on $150 USD per tutorial, and we bump that up once you’ve written a handful of posts for us. High profile authors can negotiate a higher rate with us, but you’ve really got to know your stuff. I’m talking serious WordPress chops!
Some of our regular authors invoice us for $750+ USD per month. That’s not bad for dropping some knowledge and getting some recognition, too! For the right authors, we can guarantee you publishing spots to help you pump out quality WordPress tutorials.
Also, who doesn’t love a marketplace badge? You get a special badge for contributing a tutorial to a Tuts+ site ;)
Where To Next?
Whether you’ve written for Wptuts+ before, or you’re fresh to this tutorial writing business, please hit me up! (Even if you’ve applied before and it hasn’t worked out!) Shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
- Marketplace username
- Brief paragraph filling me in on your background and why you want to write for us
- One link to a tutorial you’ve written, helped with, or is the kind of content you want to create
- Two ideas for tutorials you’d like to write for us
- A link to your portfolio and / or GitHub profile
- Show your passion!
Best of luck! I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully working together. If WordPress isn’t your strong suit, don’t forget there are other Tuts+ sites you may consider getting in touch with too: