- DevelopmentPrinting in Bulk with Flex
- DevelopmentBuild a Desktop Flickr Uploader with AIR
- DevelopmentUsing AS3XLS with the Flex Framework: Data Export
This is the third in a series of tutorials covering implementation of the AS3XLS ActionScript 3.0 library for the Flex framework. We'll demonstrate how to save an Excel .xls file from modified Flex datagrid controls and also how to write CSV files using the same data to the local filesystem.Read More…
- DevelopmentUsing AS3XLS with the Flex Framework: Data Display Options
This tutorial will cover implementation of the AS3XLS ActionScript 3.0 library for the Flex framework. This time, we'll demonstrate editable properties of the Flex datagrid and the use of various charting components to display associated data imported from Excel .xls files.Read More…
- DevelopmentUsing AS3XLS with the Flex Framework: Excel Import
- DevelopmentThrow Objects by Creating a PanAndThrow Class
In this tutorial we will be mocking up and finishing a pan and throw class that will allow us to add this effect to any element we want. To accomplish this, we will create a image viewer - but not your average viewer. Here we'll have zooming, throwing, panning.. Almost sounds like a ninja app, huh?Read More…
- DevelopmentDesign a Panoramio Thumbnail Viewer in Flex
During this tutorial I'll take you through the ways in which Flex customizes interface controls. Specifically, we'll be looking at the TileList element, styling it with Flex's GUI toolkit.
To pull this all together, we'll make use of the Panoramio API and build a dynamic thumbnail image viewer.Read More…
- DevelopmentCreate a 3D Flickr Photo Gallery with Flex and Away3D
- DevelopmentControl a Flex Video Application Using Mouse Gestures
Almost all PC user interfaces are designed around the notion of moving a cursor and clicking on objects. Buttons, menus, combo boxes, lists and every other standard UI control work in this way. The mouse is used to position the cursor, and the position of the cursor is used to perform an action.
It’s a design paradigm that has worked well, but lately new technologies like touch screens and motion sensors (think the Wii) have challenged the notion of using a mouse, or even having a cursor on the screen at all..Read More…
- DevelopmentBuild a Photo Viewer Using Flex and the Flickr API
- DevelopmentWorking with the Flex DataGrid and Nested Data Structures
It often happens that the data which needs to be viewed/presented in a Flex DataGrid comes from an XML file or JSON with more than one level of nesting. Unfortunately, by default, the Flex DataGrid allows you to display only single level nested object arrays.
This tutorial shows how you can extend the Flex DataGrid class to accomodate more complicated data structures. It will also show you how to make all the columns sortable, even when using nested data structures.Read More…
- DevelopmentWorking with the Debugger in Adobe Flex Builder